If you have passed by Pilgrim Hall recently, you may have noticed a little different look to the perimeter. Veiled with plastic partitions and a zippered door, the rejuvenation has begun!
You will see on the floorplan (below) that several new items have been added:
- On the north wall we have added a ramp for easy access for those with mobility challenges.
- The stage has been widened and deepened on both sides.
- Steps up to the stage have been added on both sides of the stage front.
- The backstage has been improved and storage has been increased.
- The sound booth has been moved to the back of the Hall, with portability and remote capabilities from anywhere in the room.
- Acoustical panels were added to all corners, the north and south walls, and the ceiling (which is not shown this in the floor plan).
- Both doors on the south corridor were widened for easier ingress and egress.
- A walled area at the west end of the Hall was designated for walker and other storage.
- A quick service area has been added to the northwest corner, adding symmetry and additional service area for the dining staff.
- The area between the walker storage and quick service area on the west (back) wall is a removable wall, intended for increased seating when needed. Capacity in the new hall is 100, increased to 130 when the wall is opened.
We are still hopeful for a December grand opening, when the complete new design will be revealed! Stay tuned!