CAREERS THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Plymouth Harbor on Sarasota Bay, a leading premier continuing care retirement community in Sarasota, utilizes a foundation of “wellness” in all facets of resident life. Physical, intellectual, social, vocational, environmental, emotional, and spiritual – these aspects are key to aging people maintaining their health, their mental skills, and their quality of life. Plymouth Harbor embraces the seven dimensions of wellness for its staff, as well, to ensure a comfortable and productive work environment that encourages growth and self-fulfillment.
Plymouth Harbor on Sarasota Bay offers a full package of benefits to our Full Time employees which include:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Scholarship Programs
- Employee Wellness Program
Other Plymouth Harbor employee benefits:
- Employee Assistance Program
- Payroll Direct Deposit
- Quarterly Free Lunch Fridays from Local Food Trucks
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
Current List of Employment Openings
Plymouth Harbor considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in accordance with Federal Law. In addition, Plymouth Harbor also provides “reasonable accommodation” to qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws. Plymouth Harbor selects employees based on the skills, ability, education, training and experience to perform each job. It also is our policy to ensure equal opportunity in hiring, promotion, compensation, training, transfer in all terms conditions or privileges of employment.
A Spectacular View of Employee Wellness
Plymouth Harbor’s Employee Newsletter
About Employee Wellness
At Plymouth Harbor, we understand that taking good care of yourself goes beyond eating your leafy greens and getting adequate sleep. Our view on whole-person wellness emphasizes a multi-dimensional approach maintaining broad interests and a healthy lifestyle for an active mind and body.
In addition to competitive pay and superb benefits, employees can take advantage of our comprehensive employee wellness program, OnBoard. Recipient of the 2015 LeadingAge Florida Best Practice Award, OnBoard , is designed to enhance the well-being of employees throughout the seven dimensions of wellness: Environmental/Community, Emotional, Intellectual, Physical, Professional/Vocational, Social, and Spiritual.
Plymouth Harbor places an emphasis on each of the seven dimensions through:
- Supporting All Faiths Food Bank, Sarasota County Animal Services, Meals on Wheels and Resurrection House through an ongoing collection program.
- Giving the ‘gift of life’ by hosting quarterly onsite Suncoast Community Blood Bank blood drives.
- Cleaning up Plymouth Harbor’s adopted section of John Ringling Boulevard through the City’s Keep Sarasota Beautiful program.
- Group events like the Walk to End Alzheimer’s.
- Employee Assistance Program: FREE, confidential, professional counseling through EAPSarasota.
- Helping Hands Program: Employees can donate EIB and/or PTO hours to fellow employees experiencing a critical health situation.
- Good Neighbor Fund: Employees in need of financial assistance due to extraordinary personal circumstances beyond their control may apply for a monetary gift up to $2,500.
- Insights: Residents and employees “connect” in this monthly program; employees enjoy a FREE lunch while a featured resident shares stories of their career, educational journey, and interesting life experiences. DVDs of the discussions are available.
- Retirement Planning: Monthly, one-on-one retirement counseling from Plymouth Harbor’s 401K provider.
- Learn n Earns: Half-hour sessions with guest speakers on a number of interesting, relevant health-related topics.
- FREE, 24/7 use of our state- of-the-art Fitness Center; and FREE coaching with our Employee Health Coach.
- Healthy Lunch Program, offering healthy, freshly-made food selections; payroll-deducted for convenience.
- FREE flu shot and pneumonia vaccinations.
- Quarterly Walking Challenges with incentives; and annual wellness contests, such as The Biggest Loser.
- Annual Health Fair, with an option to participate in a Biometric Screening for comprehensive health results.
- Employee of the Month: CEO Harry Hobson presents $100, 8 hours PTO, and a crystal plaque to employees.
- Shining Star Program: Written kudos from residents and fellow employees recognizing outstanding performance are displayed in a prominent area.
- $1,500—$10,000 Scholarships are available each year to employees and their family members.
- Annual events, such as the Holiday Party, Holiday Luncheon, Diversity Day Potluck, Halloween Costume Party, and more.
- Employee newsletter, The Current.
- Quarterly All Staff Meetings.
- Facebook, Plymouth Harbor website, and social media.
- The MacNeil Chapel on the Mezzanine is available for a moment of quiet reflection.
- Plymouth Harbor’s Chaplain welcomes employees seeking spiritual guidance and support.
- The Angels Program: In the Smith Care Center, an angel placed on the door of a resident nearing the end of life invites employees to pay their respects and spend meaningful time with the resident and their family.
ADP Workforce Now® for Plymouth Harbor Employees
The ADP Workforce Now® portal is an easy-to-use, online resource for employees. From benefits to PTO requests to important news and information, this portal has all the information you need in one location.
To login, visit ADP Workforce Now and enter your employee username and password.
My wife and I had a new born and had moved into a new home after I had only been employed a little over one year. I got a knock on my front door and was surprised by members of the Plymouth Harbor management team who had arrived for a house warming. That’s what endeared me to Plymouth Harbor 26 years ago, and still feel that way today!
Jim M., Staff since 1988
When I first came to Plymouth Harbor, I met with most of our residents, often in their apartment. When I visited Ms. H the first time, her room was adorned with pictures from a small village with that I was familiar with in Ohio. I was uniquely aware of this village as I used to be the Administrator for a small retirement community a block away from their gate. I struck up conversation about the village and Mrs. H perked up and went into some detail about her fun swimming with her children years ago. Since Mrs. H has some dementia and may become agitated from time to time, when that happens we immediately begin reminiscing about the fun summers and places in Ohio and she is once again happily chatting.
Joe D., Staff since 2013
The wonderful relationship between residents and staff is what has kept me at Plymouth Harbor over the years. I also feel tremendous support from my coworkers when it comes to my passion for volunteering. Several years ago, I asked if we could consider creating an employee volunteer program and the response was amazing!
Bert Adams, Smith Care Center, Employee since 1991
For me, personally, it was important to work for a company that cares for people. From the very beginning, Plymouth Harbor was a special place to work. The atmosphere felt like home and the staff felt like family. I have worked here for 34 years – and counting. I have stayed for many reasons, but the deciding factor would probably be the flexibility that I was allotted. I had, and raised, my family while working here. Plymouth Harbor always supported that. Plymouth Harbor has evolved over time, along with my family, but it never lost the ability to care for, and about, staff and their families.
Sandy Etayo, Accounting, Employee since 1983