A Spectacular View of Employee Wellness
Plymouth Harbor’s Employee Newsletter
About Employee Wellness
At Plymouth Harbor, we understand that taking good care of yourself goes beyond eating your leafy greens and getting adequate sleep. Our view on whole-person wellness emphasizes a multi-dimensional approach maintaining broad interests and a healthy lifestyle for an active mind and body.
In addition to competitive pay and superb benefits, employees can take advantage of our comprehensive employee wellness program, OnBoard. Recipient of the 2015 LeadingAge Florida Best Practice Award, OnBoard , is designed to enhance the well-being of employees throughout the seven dimensions of wellness: Environmental/Community, Emotional, Intellectual, Physical, Professional/Vocational, Social, and Spiritual.
Plymouth Harbor places an emphasis on each of the seven dimensions through:
- Supporting All Faiths Food Bank, Sarasota County Animal Services, Meals on Wheels and Resurrection House through an ongoing collection program.
- Giving the ‘gift of life’ by hosting quarterly onsite Suncoast Community Blood Bank blood drives.
- Cleaning up Plymouth Harbor’s adopted section of John Ringling Boulevard through the City’s Keep Sarasota Beautiful program.
- Group events like the Walk to End Alzheimer’s.
- Employee Assistance Program: FREE, confidential, professional counseling through EAPSarasota.
- Helping Hands Program: Employees can donate EIB and/or PTO hours to fellow employees experiencing a critical health situation.
- Good Neighbor Fund: Employees in need of financial assistance due to extraordinary personal circumstances beyond their control may apply for a monetary gift up to $2,500.
- Insights: Residents and employees “connect” in this monthly program; employees enjoy a FREE lunch while a featured resident shares stories of their career, educational journey, and interesting life experiences. DVDs of the discussions are available.
- Retirement Planning: Monthly, one-on-one retirement counseling from Plymouth Harbor’s 401K provider.
- Learn n Earns: Half-hour sessions with guest speakers on a number of interesting, relevant health-related topics.
- FREE, 24/7 use of our state- of-the-art Fitness Center; and FREE coaching with our Employee Health Coach.
- Healthy Lunch Program, offering healthy, freshly-made food selections; payroll-deducted for convenience.
- FREE flu shot and pneumonia vaccinations.
- Quarterly Walking Challenges with incentives; and annual wellness contests, such as The Biggest Loser.
- Annual Health Fair, with an option to participate in a Biometric Screening for comprehensive health results.
- Employee of the Month: CEO Harry Hobson presents $100, 8 hours PTO, and a crystal plaque to employees.
- Shining Star Program: Written kudos from residents and fellow employees recognizing outstanding performance are displayed in a prominent area.
- $1,500—$10,000 Scholarships are available each year to employees and their family members.
- Annual events, such as the Holiday Party, Holiday Luncheon, Diversity Day Potluck, Halloween Costume Party, and more.
- Employee newsletter, The Current.
- Quarterly All Staff Meetings.
- Facebook, Plymouth Harbor website, and social media.
- The MacNeil Chapel on the Mezzanine is available for a moment of quiet reflection.
- Plymouth Harbor’s Chaplain welcomes employees seeking spiritual guidance and support.
- The Angels Program: In the Smith Care Center, an angel placed on the door of a resident nearing the end of life invites employees to pay their respects and spend meaningful time with the resident and their family.