Chris and Karen Romig, a classically trained flute and piano duo, have been performing together for 15 years. Plymouth Harbor audiences enjoy many performances throughout the year by visiting artists. The Romig Duo’s concert on Thursday, November 21 at 7:45 pm in Pilgrim Hall is yet another example of gracious living.
Karen Romig has played in orchestras in California and Florida and over the years has won many awards in prestigious competitions. She studied with Arthur Hoberman of the 20th Century-Fox studio orchestra and continued studies with Bonita Boyd, Julius Baker, Anne Giles, Amy Porter, Rhonda Larson, and Carol Wincenc. She has also been a featured soloist Crystal Cathedral, the Palos Verdes Peninsula Young Artists Music Festival, and with the Venice Symphony.
As an ordained minister at Venice Presbyterian, Chris uses his keyboard skills at special services as well as often accompanying his wife. Together they provide a charming program of uplifting entertainment and dazzling virtuosity.
- Wilhelm Popp: La Chasse (Galop Brillante for Flute and Piano)
- Gabriel Faure: Morceau De Concours
- Ian Clarke: Sunstreams
- Ernesto Nazareth: I Caught You Cavaquinho!
- Rhonda Larson: The Way of the River
- Claude Bolling: Madrigal (from “Picnic Suite”)
- Andrae Crouch (arranged by Joel Raney): Soon and Very Soon
- Paul Taffanel: Fantasie on Themes from the Opera Francoise de Rimini